Putting the First Pieces in Place


I encourage you to head on over to Athens MidDay to check out some of my work (the good, bad and ugly) over the past two weeks and over the course of the next five.

But what I REALLY want you to check out is my first reporter blog of the quarter - called "Life on the Hardwood." I'm actually really proud of it and my Executive Producer pulled me aside today and told me how much she enjoyed reading it as well.

I've had an affinity for basketball since before I can remember and have always felt that high school basketball is among the most exciting and pure of any team sport. It's the squeaking of the sneakers, the tight gymnasiums packed with proud parents and energetic peers. There's an energy there, and that's the focus of this blog.

I got to cover a high school basketball game last Tuesday night and it really rekindled my love of the sport - I got wrapped up in the excitement of it all. So, that's what I wrote about.

I called this post the "Putting the First Pieces in Place" because, for me, it hopefully represents a deeper commitment to this little blog project. It helps that I am getting a grade for four blog posts this quarter. So, leave some encouragement and what you'd like to see on here. I'm thinking about getting political the next time around...look out!

Until then, check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment